a bit about us
A membership organisation that believes by bringing together teachers, educators, design professionals, researchers and all those who value the importance of improving learning opportunities and life chances for young people, is the only way to develop effective, sustainable and stimulating future educational facilities.
Making a difference because we believe that by keeping the client and the learner at the heart of the design process through effective dialogue with collaborative enquiry, research and professional stakeholder debate we will create ‘great schools’.
WHAT WE DO
Association for Learning Environments – Europe acknowledges that today we have an opportunity to create effective learning environments that reflect the community’s unique assets as well as ad- dress its needs; serve as a resource of education, health and human services to students and neighbourhood members alike, and strengthen community life and engagement.
Association for Learning Environments – Europe is different because we believe that by keeping the client and the learner at the heart of the design process with collaborative enquiry, research and professional stakeholder debate we will create ‘great schools.
Association for Learning Environments – Europe recognises that it is the quality of learning and teaching and the strength of relationships between all staff and all students that is central to successful schools.
- Advocacy for all learners is central to our mission
- Facilities have a direct impact on learning
- Learner and consumer dialogue should drive the design process
- An inclusive and collaborative planning process
- Quality and innovation can be created in the current economic climate
- Diversity of professional and global perspectives
- Technology is central to enable ,motivate and inspire all aspects of future learning There are standards by which to measure the effectiveness of facilities
- Research and evidence based activity are essential for the design of space